A blogger friend of mine tagged me in a little game going around the blagosphere (and a longer version on the Facebooks) where you write 10 facts about yourself to people can get to know you better. Perfect, since I have been infiltrating the blagoblags lately and must seem like something of a GI suffering, spin class obsessing, hyena laughter hating weirdo.
Here are 10 facts about me that you might not know!
1. I absolutely adore my sweet little mushy brother who is a baby even though he is 23. He says I’m a nudge.
2. I have an obsession with bags. When I get it in my head that I want one, I will obsess nonstop until I get it. Then all is calm until the moment strikes where I want another.
3. One of my fondest memories from middle school is playing a joke on the principal with my friends that ended in him yelling “MOOOOOOOOO” at the top of his lungs in his office.
4. I graduated college in 3 years. Not because I am great at school, but because I am sagacious.
5. IHOP is my favorite restaurant. I love breakfast foods so, so, so much. I can never resist pancakes or french toast.
6. I have a Master’s degree in Corporate Communications. I work in Corporate Communications. I still cannot describe what Corporate Communications is.
7. I invented a holiday called Henry Day. Every now and then I will wish people a Happy Henry Day. Henry Day occurs fairly often, but there is also National Henry Day (rare) and International Henry Day (rarer). And, we are currently in the Year of the Henry! (Celebrated on Rosh Hashanah).
8. I know it says it in my About Me, but I would like to reiterate to those first reading that I favor abrupt sentences and em dashes. I also enjoy an appropriately placed semicolon every now and again. I strongly dislike the serial comma.
9. My apartment was broken into by an employee of my landlord’s management company who conveniently used our keys and even locked up when they finished taking my most valuable posessions. Read more about the management company here.
10. I sleep with my doll Nicole. When my mom was pregnant with my brother, she told me that if it was a boy he would be Matthew and if it was a girl she would be Nicole. I thought this meant that there would be a boy and a girl, so when only Matthew was born, I cried and asked, “Where’s Nicole?” My grandma ran out and bought me Nicole. She will be 24 in July.
That’s all for now, kids. Have a very happy Henry Day!