I’ll share my planned workouts for this week and then get into how well I stuck to my plan last week.
Dori’s Shiny Workout Plan for the week of January 21, 2013:
- Sunday – Refine Method (1 hr)
- Monday –
Revolve Mashup Body Ride (1 hr)Interval treadmill run (3 miles, 24:44)
- Tuesday – Real Ride at Revolve (45 min)
- Wednesday – Refine Method (1 hr)
- Thursday -
Refine Method (1 hr)TBD – Run or Revolve
- Friday – Rest
- Saturday -
Core Fusion Cardio (1 hr)Refine Method (1 hr)
Fucking trains on a holiday. I woke up at 4:55 this morning, waited for the train for 30 minutes to get to the 7 am Revolve class that I was really excited about (I do not know what a mashup ride is but I really wanted to find out) and when it finally arrived it was making an extra stop and there was no way I could make it to class on time. I’m really glad I got a workout in, but I did have to rearrange my Tuesday and Friday workout/rest plans.
As much as I don’t want to battle the trains again tomorrow, I’m going to go for it. I paid for an unlimited month of Revolve for $99 because it was such a great deal, and I need to get there four times to make it count.
The PATH trains have been having a really hard time getting it together after Hurricane Sandy. It’s been almost three months and I still can’t rely on it for getting to the city in any sort of timely manner. They used to post their schedules so I knew exactly when the trains were coming and I could plan my trip based on that, but they don’t share their schedule anymore. I hope they start again so I’m not waiting for 30 minutes like I was today.
Anyway: how did I do last week?
- Sunday – Refine Method (1 hr) - Complete!
- Monday – Refine Method (1 hr) – Complete!
- Tuesday – Spin at Club H (45 min) – Complete!
- Wednesday – Rest – Complete!
- Thursday – Run (Either 4 miles outside or 3-4 miles w/intervals on treadmill) – Took a 45 minute Real Ride spin class at Revolve instead after signing up for a month
- Friday – Spin at Equinox (Special event, 90 min) – Complete! I think it was more like 100 minutes actually. The special event was getting certified to teach indoor cycling. More info on that soon!
- Saturday – Refine Method (1 hr) – Complete!
I’m really happy with last week’s workouts. I exercised for six days with one day of rest, and even though I didn’t get to run I got another great workout in instead. Plus, I hit my Refine Resolution target. That challenge has already been so worth it for me. I’m able to go heavier in my challenge weights and I’m feeling a lot stronger.
How have you been with sticking to your workout goals so far this year?