Seattle, The Super Bowl & An Interview with Marshawn Lynch

It’s Super Bowl week and I live on one Super Bowl Drive (and the street where the Broncos are staying) and I work on the other Super Bowl Drive (next to where the Seahawks are staying.) The other Super Bowl Drive didn’t get officially named that, but the signs are out on the street so let’s just go with it.

Super Bowl Drive - Jersey City

As someone who never thought she’d blog about the Super Bowl, it’s pretty funny that this is my second post devoted to it.

But I have a few things to say. Most importantly, my husband Andy managed to snag an interview with Marshawn Lynch of the Seattle Seahawks (who famously does not like talking to media). Conducted via phone last night from our living room couch with Larry Gary on his lap, Andy asked the hard hitting questions real fans want to know.

Like, for example, what his dog Ice (Marshawn pronounces “Iiiiiiiiiiiice”) does while he’s busy playing football. “He’s out doing his doggie dog thing, living in his doggie dog world. You feel me?”

Andy said, “I feel you.” Dori with nephew Harrison

Read the full interview:
Hot Clicks Q&A: Marshawn Lynch

It’s actually funny timing, since Andy and I coincidentally spent this past Saturday through Tuesday in the Seattles. We visited my brother, sister-in-law and 13-month-old nephew.

The trip itself was perfect. We escaped the polar vortex and enjoyed 50 degree temps. I didn’t always wear a coat. I ate really, really well. Like, the best I’ve ever eaten in a four-day period. I played with the cutest, funniest baby I’ve ever met. I tried eating up his thighs.

And in running news, I ran outside twice because the weather in Seattle is amazing. The best part? Absolutely no knee pain at all for the first time since the Portland and Richmond Marathons! I finally feel recovered, and I will continue focusing on strength this month before I jump back into marathon training in the not-so-distant future.

Also, I ran up the most giant hill of my life.

Kirkland hill

This photo (taken from car) does the hill NO justice. Elevation gain: 264 ft.

Anyway, from the moment we got on the plane in Newark to head to Seattle, the pilot talked about the Seahawks over the PA. The flight attendants cheered and I realized then that this would be a pretty special weekend to happen to be in Seattle.

Once we landed, we walked into SeaTac Airport to Seahawks balloons all over the place and every employee dressed for the occasion. As we walked by a flight that was about to board, we heard the employee announce “Priority boarding for anyone wearing Seahawks gear.”

No one had anything for me to borrow to board early on my trip back.

I thought all the Super Bowl stuff would get annoying, but it didn’t. Throughout our time there, we passed countless cars and houses all decorated to show their support. We saw someone selling Seahawks merchandise out of a tent in the parking lot of a gas station.

And in the airport going back home, once again every single airport employee I came across was dressed up with at least item sporting the Seahawks logo.

I felt the energy and excitement everywhere I went. Even though Andy clearly loves his Patriots and I like whoever Andy likes (the only way in which I am actually a good wife, said woman who doesn’t cook or clean or write wedding thank-you cards),  being around this excitement made me really want the Seahawks to win. It doesn’t hurt that I absolutely love Seattle and would move there in a second if I could. But that alone didn’t make me care much either way — it was getting caught up in the incredible energy there right now that did.

So when Andy got the opportunity to interview Marshawn Lynch, I felt thrilled for him! Especially since he’s not really talking to anyone else. What a coup!

One more reason Seattle > NYC/NJ? THEY SELL ALCOHOL AT WALGREENS.

walgreens seattle

TL;DR –  My husband interviewed Marshawn Lynch and I hope the Seahawks win because I like Seattle.

Older comments

162 comments on Seattle, The Super Bowl & An Interview with Marshawn Lynch

1. paintball gliwice
    September 14, 2014 at 6:17 pm (4 days ago)

Wybitnie odlotowy post, drobiazgowe teksty zalecam wszystkim literaturę
    paintball gliwice´s last blog post ..paintball gliwice

2. frontline groupe 2 tool
    September 14, 2014 at 6:44 pm (4 days ago)

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you really know what you are speaking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Please additionally seek advice from my web site =).

We can have a hyperlink exchange arrangement among us
    frontline groupe 2 tool´s last blog post ..frontline groupe 2 tool

3. homeowners insurance
    September 15, 2014 at 8:20 am (3 days ago)

Low caar insurance is dependent upon thhe features
    that you need in your insurance policy, but these sites (as well as the companies listed above) will most likel have a policy that will work well for
    you and your family. You need to route your great power to
    create sure it is not going to spend. Thee prolcess is to determine The Amount of Loss only.
    homeowners insurance´s last blog post ..homeowners insurance

4. food lovers fat loss system reviews
    September 15, 2014 at 4:01 pm (3 days ago)

Add oat, rice, soy milk because that distinction is entirely false.
    We lose the weight loss is often pill thought of as healthy: instant oatmeal.
    The Paleo Diet is considered a Superfood. Members
    of the cabbage soup diet is generally prescribed to be overweight.
    Many people who were on the verge of extinction. This is
    a qualified dietitian and author of Wheat Belly, Davis said.
    Now you’ll want to start with. Perhaps they will not create insulin needed to continue adding to it.
    food lovers fat loss system reviews´s last blog post ..food lovers fat loss system reviews

5. Marguerite
    September 16, 2014 at 10:35 am (2 days ago)

But don’t you think it’s earmarking that have a risk of 2%
    only per equity per trade and still give you profits. Bodyguard Bill
    Whitfield explains that Jackson was asked to leave hotels because
    his credit card on the behalf of ykurs name. Pack an emergency kit and ensure your cellphone is fully charged in case you have to do in their careers.
    And what she says, it’s not more expensive. So as
    you see you need a strategy in order to undertake a business or
    investment activity.
    Marguerite´s last blog post ..Marguerite

6. pool tile Miami
    September 16, 2014 at 11:37 pm (2 days ago)

Undeniably consider that that you said. Your favourite
    reason appeared to be on the net the easiest thing to bear in mind of.
    I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as
    other people consider issues that they just don’t realize about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well
    as defined out the whole thing with no need
    side-effects , other people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more.
    pool tile Miami´s last blog post ..pool tile Miami

7. seo company
    September 17, 2014 at 1:37 am (2 days ago)

Every page of a web designer has to wait for weeks to get more
    search engine marketing and more people are trying
    to say? The Right Web Design Firm Spend Time With You To Gather Business Knowledge And Give You A Formal Proposal?
    Acknowledged for combining it with fresh goods, globally inspired spindles of baguettes, thick,
    artisan sourdoughs and extravagant cakes.
    seo company´s last blog post ..seo company

8. Pompano Beach Subs
    September 17, 2014 at 1:54 am (2 days ago)

Hi there would you mind letting me know which web host you’re working with?
    I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different browsers
    and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.

Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a honest price?
    Thanks, I appreciate it!
    Pompano Beach Subs´s last blog post ..Pompano Beach Subs

9. Hildegarde
    September 17, 2014 at 7:04 am (2 days ago)

Hello there! This is my first visit to your blog!

We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same
    niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to
    work on. You have done a extraordinary job!
    Hildegarde´s last blog post ..Hildegarde

10. luxury hotel portland maine
    September 17, 2014 at 3:47 pm (1 day ago)

I drop a leave a response each time I appreciate a post on a site or if I have something to add to the conversation. Usually it’s a
    result of the sincerness displayed in the post I looked at.
    And on this article Seattle, The Super Bowl & An Interview with Marshawn Lynch | Dori’s Shiny Blog.
    I was actually excited enough to post a thought ;-) I actually do have 2
    questions for you if it’s okay. Is it just me
    or do a few of the responses come across as if they are left by brain dead visitors?
    :-P And, if you are writing at other online social sites,
    I would like to keep up with you. Could you list every one of your public sites
    like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
    luxury hotel portland maine´s last blog post ..luxury hotel portland maine

11. Bio Diamond
    September 17, 2014 at 11:14 pm (20 hours ago)

If you wish for to take a great deal from this post then you have to apply such techniques to your won web
    site.
    Bio Diamond´s last blog post ..Bio Diamond

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Seattle, The Super Bowl & An Interview with Marshawn Lynch

Older comments